Leading publisher of home study courses
Cortina Learning International, Inc. (CLI) is a multimedia publishing company specializing in instructional materials and educational programs for individual home study in foreign languages, English as a second language, fine art, and commercial art.
Founded in 1882 as Cortina Academy of Languages by Professor Rafael Diaz de la Cortina, CLI originated the recorded method of language learning, using early cylinders developed for Cortina by Thomas Edison.
Since its founding, Cortina has been in the forefront of the language learning field, and offers both short and advanced Courses in CD and cassette format, including textbooks and other supplementary materials.
In 1981, CLI expanded its distance education curriculum by acquiring Famous Schools, publishers of the Famous Artists Courses. These thorough and comprehensive Courses feature extensive instructional materials plus the individual attention of accomplished artists who critique each student's assignments. We invite you to visit our educational material site and see for yourself the depth and quality of our Course offerings.
Our foreign language home study courses are available on high-quality CDs. Course contents include companion texts, conversation books, language study guides, bilingual dictionaries, self-correcting exercise books, comprehension tests, and final exams. See information about these and other foreign language courses and materials at www.cortina-languages.com. There are several courses for travelers available as digital audio downloads.
- Cortina Spanish Master Linguist Course
- Cortina French Master Linguist Course
- Cortina German Master Linguist Course
- Cortina Modern Greek Master Linguist Course
- Cortina Italian Master Linguist Course
- Cortina Vietnamese Master Linguist Course
- Cortina Brazilian Portuguese Master Linguist Course
El Curso de Inglés Cortina es el camino mas fácil para aprender Inglés … con tan sólo unos minutos por día. Usted recibirá todo este material al inscribirse en su Curso. Será suyo y podrá usarlo … ¡Siempre!
- Libro de Texto Básico
- 8 Cintas/Cassettes o en CDs de Audio
- Libro Complementario de Conversación
- Diccionario Bilingüe
- 2 Libros de Ejercicios
- 2 Pruebas de Comprensión (cassettes y hojas)
- Grabación y Libro de Práctica
- Examenes de Repaso No. 1 y No. 2
- Guía del Alumno
- 2 Estuches de Lujo
- Servicio Personal de Consulta
Famous Artists School developed a revolutionary method of study capitalizing on your own talent and imagination and giving you the tools to develop and use what you have — through a process that’s easy and rewarding. Textbooks, available both online and as print editions, provide a complete course of study which starts with basic principles gleaned from the knowledge of some of America's best artists.
Famous Artists School offers four course textbooks:
- Foundations Creative Art Course textbooks distill the core of what you need to know as an artist into ten chapters filled with lessons and demonstrations. You will start with the basics of pencil and Foundationsink and move on through painting, design, composition, perspective, and color. Topics include forms, texture, drawing the human figure and more.
- Painting Master Creative Art Course textbooks take you from the essentials of Foundations to advanced techniques in oil, watercolor, and acrylic painting, plus in-depth Painting Master demonstrations and instruction on landscape, portraiture, the human figure, and composition. You will study motifs, creative expression, anatomy, structure, draping, and much more.
- Illustration & Design Master Creative Art Course textbooks take you from the basics of Foundations to advanced composition, line drawing, illustration, and reportage. In-depth Illustration and Design Master demonstrations instill principles of design and how to apply them in contexts from magazines to branding to fashion illustration to artwork for various media.
- Famous Artists Cartooning Course, Book 1 is an online-only textbook. This course has such a solid-gold pedigree we are reissuing it without modernizing the text. It offers you practical instruction that is the closest thing to actually sitting in the cartoonist's studio.